Is There a Better Way offers a range of support, training and consultation for disability support providers.
Our experience and knowledge from both professional and family perspective ensures that our support is both evidenced based and known to work. If you'd like to know a bit more about us and our approach please go to our about us page.
We offer a range of support to disability support providers to support building the knowledge, capacity and models of support practices across the disability sector. We have a wealth of experience in sector development and behaviour support models that we bring to this space, having held key roles for the previous 15 years in:
- Facilitation and development of the WA Positive Behaviour Framework
- Chair of Guiding Committee for the Positive Behaviour Framework
- Contributors to content of Code of Practice for the Elimination of Restrictive Practices
- Content developers and lecturer of the Post Graduate Certificate of Education: Behaviour support for people with complex needs, Edith Cowan University
- Member of the intellectual disability and health national alliance
- and many other roles to support sector development in relation to behaviour support
Disability organisations can access our services and support by contacting us to explore your specific requirements. This might be around specific training, consultation, or mentoring for your staff. We partner with other organisations engaging a collaborative partnership model rather than an expert model, so when you do contact us be assured that we will work with you to explore your individual needs and value your expertise and experience. This may be in relation to areas we have particular expertise in including:
- human rights
- understanding behaviour from a neuroscience, regulation and compassion approach
- complex communication needs
- supported decision making
- health and disability
- what makes a good life
Get in touch with us to explore your needs today.
Is There a Better Way is the behaviour support service arm of Microboards Australia.
We are a registered NDIS provider for Specialist Behaviour Support.
Please feel free to contact us to discuss what type of support you may value in relation to your NDIS plan.